Star Wars: Destiny of the Force

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Due to the lack of interest in DOF, the game has been shut down.
A new game is currently being developed, one which takes place in our own universe!  So keep checking for updates to this new game!

Claim

Darkwing
    Darkwing
    Admin

Personal Title : Lead Administrator

Character sheet
    Force Level:
    Claim Left_bar_bleue10/10Claim Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Claim Empty Claim

Post by Darkwing Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Darth Taral wrote:Darth Taral/One Sith
    Mustafar
    Combat: No
    Surrendered: No

The planet is unoccupied.

Darth Zarran wrote:shouldn't this be on the planet your claiming?

Darth Taral wrote:No, it says in the rules that it must be said in the holonet.

Willice Evans wrote:No, you have to be there, you diddnt state in the travel thred that you were in the travel, you need to put you are in the travel,

Denied, i may not be an admin anymore, but i still know the rules

Darth Taral wrote:I'm in the ship... I thought it would be obvious I am, because you need to be there to claim... And I don't think conquering planets, in the rules, ever said I needed to say I'm in the ship.

Willice Evans wrote:Well, you always have to post it, but since i am not an admin, i will let Marrow or Ta'u make the final decision, but i would go edit it or something....

Darth Taral wrote:Editing it would cause a reason to get in trouble. I can't edit it once someone caught me going to a planet without me in it to claim the planet. But, hey, I new I needed to be there, I just didn't think I needed to say I'm in it...

Marro Dayre wrote:
    Marro Dayre wrote:Planet Has No Forces
    If a planet has forces neither on the ground or in space, then a conqueror(only faction, not individual player) can claim the planet from orbit. However, the player them self must be in orbit of the planet in question and not just NPC ships.

How to Lay Claim to Conquered Planets
    Laying claim to planets occurs in the holonet, that way it is guaranteed that all players can see that the planet is to be claimed. To lay claim, create a post in the holonet with the following info:

Player and/or faction Name
    Planet Being Claimed
    Combat (Yes, No)
    Surrendered (Yes, No)

Now if a planet was defeated in combat, or the planet surrendered, then the conqueror can create the post in the holonet and the planet's ownership will be changed over by an admin. However, if the planet was one that was claimed to that had neither combat or surrendered, then when the conqueror posts in the holonet, the current owner of the faction has 24 hours to retaliate. This includes sending a ship to hyperspace to the planet in question. If this occurs, then the claim is invalid and combat or surrender must occur.

So, basically what this is saying is that you must be in orbit of the planet. Seeing as there is no one to surrender or anything, you can simply claim the planet. However, I must be able to go to the "Space" section of the forum and be able to see that you are in fact at the planet at the time it was conquered. If you are still in hyperspace or at some other location, you can not conquer the planet.

Marro Dayre wrote:Which I have just checked you are in orbit of Mustafar so the planet is now claimed by the One Sith.