Star Wars: Destiny of the Force

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Due to the lack of interest in DOF, the game has been shut down.
A new game is currently being developed, one which takes place in our own universe!  So keep checking for updates to this new game!

2 posters

Blue Planet

Darkwing
    Darkwing
    Admin

Personal Title : Lead Administrator

Character sheet
    Force Level:
    Blue Planet Left_bar_bleue10/10Blue Planet Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Blue Planet Empty Blue Planet

Post by Darkwing Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 pm

For all updates regarding the Blue Planet Trafficshare system.
    Honor

Blue Planet Empty Re: Blue Planet

Post by Honor Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Greetings from Honor and BluePlanet RP (otherwise known as BP)! I will be your guide throughout our friendship - if you ever need anything, you may contact me either on this board or on BP itself Smile

Your administrators have agreed to a new concept I have created - something known as TrafficShare. Now, before I get into that, allow me to explain a little more about my site in general.

BluePlanet RP
    I am one of 2 founders of a 2-year-old community called BluePlanet. Our mission is VERY different from most RP boards. We are a collection of a myriad of different types of RPs - but we are made up of a community of players from other RP sites.

BluePlanet’s mission is to give Active RPers an “alternate” game stop to their normal RP boards, to stretch their creativity and discover different sides to their characters that they couldn’t normally explore based on generic rules. Some people go either into the distant future or distant past of their character, forming a sort of Alternate Reality or Alternate Timeline from their normal RP site. Some create completely different characters to explore the different sides of their normal RP - someone who has a good character in their home site may decide to instead create an evil alter-ego on BP to play with, for example.

And still some come just to experience whole new realms.

Because we are the “alternate RP”, we don’t have as strict of a ruling system. We have the general “don’t god-mod”, “keep it clean”, “don’t move someone else” rules - and those are heavily enforced - but when it comes to the universes chosen to be played, we don’t expect the RPers to always stick to canon. The rules of the universe may be bent as long as they aren’t broken.

Also, because we are the alternate, we NEVER ask or expect RPers to choose BP over their home site. We ALWAYS push that they remain loyal and mostly active on their site first and foremost.

Our current Role Play Worlds (RPWs)

The Stargate Realities
    - Stargate Command (our own reality of the hit TV show Stargate SG-1’s universe, where characters can play ANY race they choose)

- Stargate Atlantis (same concept as above except for the Atlantis Realm)

- Stargate Omega Base (one of our members has actually developed her own SGC spin off - very similar to the show Stargate Universe but with a different twist and concept. It is still in the beginning stages - our characters haven’t even reached their new home yet!)

Way of Life Realities
    - Solar Exodus (The end of life on earth - what happens when an entire planet has to evacuate for the cold, harsh, unknown of space? This will be beginning in January or February, and is still under construction. Get in on the ground level!)

- Christian Crusade (For the Christians in your group - classic “Star Trek-Meets-Demons” RP. It is a space-based outreach of the human verses the unseen spiritual.)

History Realities:
    - World at War (YOU decide what happens with WW1 and WW2! Play as Axis or Allies and pit your skills against the opposing side)

- Annals of Lystra (classic Medieval Times RP) - knighthoods, princesses, villagers, farmers... you name it, we’ve got it! Maybe even a dragon or two Very Happy

Fantasy Realities
    - Fantasy - our very own fantasy RP! This is definitely more of a game setting, with new worlds to “unlock” as all of the characters advance the story together. You create the story line!

- And of course, Pandora’s Box, where anything that shouldn’t happen in any of the above RPs (or even if we don’t have an RPW for it) can happen.

The TrafficShare Phenomenon
    Otherwise known as TS

TrafficShare is not just a listing of partner sites, only hosted on BP to gain attraction for us. It is so much more! Here’s how it works:

Your site has received it’s own FORUM within our TrafficShare area. Within this forum is a redirect link to your site, and it is in this forum that your administration may post updates and any other information they wish about your site. It is also here that you can hang out and get to know other RPers from other sites.

Now each TS Forum has a TS leader assigned to them - these are the admin from your board who have volunteered to provide the needed information for this site. Only they are allowed to update information and answer questions about the site! You as members may carry on discussions, start small minigames, or just show the world in general what kind of community you have - but please leave the information/question answering to the leaders.

Only the active RPers of BP as well as the TS members of other sites are allowed to see the TS section. This is to ensure that only the “serious” are mingling around, and should hopefully keep “one time visitors” at a minimum. You know the people of which I speak - those who register on a board and then never return. In so saying, I request that you respect other boards and NOT register, unless you are fully interested in joining their RP. If you want to know more about a site, please use that site’s forum within BP’s TS section - this will not only keep the one-time-visitors down but will also help others search more information.

If/when you come over and check it out, please PM Honor on BP who you are and what site you’re from. It is only then that you will be given the privs to see the TS section.

Other TS Sites
    You must be a member of BP with TS permissions to view the listing on our site, remember

- Tungle
    - Space Adventures!
    - Star Trek Horizon
    - The Wet-Glass RO
    - Ambassadors of Liberty

Come on over and check it out!
    Darkwing
    Darkwing
    Admin

Personal Title : Lead Administrator

Character sheet
    Force Level:
    Blue Planet Left_bar_bleue10/10Blue Planet Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Post by Darkwing Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Yes guys, I do encourage you all to check it out, of course the site isn't completely done yet, but still, it looks like there could be quite a bit to offer. So on behalf of SW:DOF, I'd like to thank you for allowing us to join this network of RPs and I hope it does well for the both of us Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content