Star Wars: Destiny of the Force

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Due to the lack of interest in DOF, the game has been shut down.
A new game is currently being developed, one which takes place in our own universe!  So keep checking for updates to this new game!

4 posters

Announcements

Darkwing
    Darkwing
    Admin

Personal Title : Lead Administrator

Character sheet
    Force Level:
    Announcements Left_bar_bleue10/10Announcements Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Announcements Empty Announcements

Post by Darkwing Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 am

I apologize for not getting around to posting this first, I've been fighting the ads battle on the homefront of the Forumotion site.

Anyways, Forumotion wants to have ads on their free sites so that they can generate revenue, which is perfectly OK. Problem is they didn't tell anybody that they were going to do this. After 11 pages of people yelling and screaming and insulting Forumotion (I was not one of those people, I was one of the few ones trying to use logic, reason and maturity) they have (for the time being) allowed ads to be limited again to guests and not registered users.

This being said, I'm not sure how long things will stay like this. I've been opting for customization of the ads (ie, subtler ads, ability to choose location of ads etc). I'm willing to support Forumotion by allowing ads. Now here it seems all that are displayed are text ads which is fine by me. However, if you guys are really against this, please let me know and I shall remove them. Also, if you are experiencing those horrible flash ads, I will also remove them, you just have to say.

Thanks.
    Jodi Oron
    Jodi Oron

Character sheet
    Force Level:
    Announcements Left_bar_bleue0/0Announcements Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Announcements Empty Re: Announcements

Post by Jodi Oron Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm fine with everything. I don't get the problem. Forumotion needs to make its money...

If they advertise other sites, I'll be even happier. I need my sites advertised...
    Willice Evans

Post by Willice Evans Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:09 am

No, see they are advertising for people who pay for there advertisements to be posted, such as google, bing, Microsoft, ect. Not there users sites.
    Wade Banna
    Wade Banna

Personal Title : Rebel Commander

Post by Wade Banna Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:59 am

And add your ad to google ads and you have a one and a million chance it will be seen in the internet.
    Jodi Oron
    Jodi Oron

Character sheet
    Force Level:
    Announcements Left_bar_bleue0/0Announcements Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post by Jodi Oron Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:30 am

Meena, I know. I was just sayin', if they were.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:53 am